mandag 6. april 2015

Easter: Milestones and memories

This Easter has been special in so many ways. There have been some milestones to reach and the memories have come as beads on a string. Some good, some sad and some in the middle of that. A lot of mixed feelings, that's for sure...

Seven years ago my dad died during Easter. How I miss him. He was truly a role model for me, my hero and my Dad. The Easter never quite gets to be the same again, but then again I ask myself what he would have said to me. He loved Easter, the family gatherings, the food, the feeling of spring, the walks...the list goes on. I believe he wouldn't want me to be sad, so I choose to celebrate him and remember the good times. Sure, I miss him and even cry as I do that, but I try not to let it get the better of me.

He worked as a plumber for many years and through him I like to think that I learned to be practical. Today I changed part of my sink in my bathroom as the old one was broken. I have recently started to paint my kitchen. Maybe he didnæt really care for painting, but that's not my point. He taught me to not be afraid of trying, he let me watch while he worked and I really do love him for that.

This Easter I also turned a huge milestone. Rikke, my oldest dog, have now been with me for more than half her life. I'd like to think of it as the better part, although she's had a nice life before I got her. How that dog has changed my life... Thanks to her I've found one of my greatest passions: the Portugese Water Dog. When I got her it soon felt like I had come home, in the sens of finding the ultimate purebred dog for me. If it hadn't been for her, I really don't know where I would have been today.

Another milestone:  Maja, my oldest Chinese Crested Powder Puff is halfway through her pregnancy and it's starting to show. I am so excited about this as it is my first litter EVER!

Milestone: Two years ago around this time of the year I was planning to move into the house where I am living now.

Milestone: Four years ago I was preparing the move from Trondheim to Romerike - the area where I grew up.A thank-you is in place to my friends who helped me move. They made an incredible effort driving to Trondheim and back not only one, but two times, to bring my stuff and store it for me until I got my house.

Milestone: Referring to my previous blog entry, I have also learned a lot this Easter. I attended my first Swedish Winner Show for dogs - it certainly won't be the last.





































Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar