søndag 5. april 2015

One more trip, one more dogshow, one more day with reflecting upon this and that

This is why I never really seem to get fed up with dog shows - it is never boring. I se loads of both wonderful dogs and dogs that should have stayed at home "show-wise", meet friends, other breeders, see silly behaviour around the ring or people truly happy for other people's success. Countless of educational conversations, meeting dogs that will be (and very well could be in the future) mated with my dogs in the future. This weekend I have learned so much and seen so much travelling to the Swedish Winner Show 2015 in Stockholm.

Even though I see a lot of silly and childish things - for example a BOS (meaning: Best of Sex, the dog of the opposite sex that don't get BOB - Best of Breed) and it's handler/owner not wanting to be in a photo of the breed's top two dogs is nothing short of childish and a sign of being a sore looser in my eyes. Of course the judge would accept the 30 seconds (max) that would take before continuing the judging in the ring. Talking about putting one's head out there for gossip - when it so easily could be avoided.

Setting that aside the weekend was wonderful, educational and really an example of the purpose of dogshows: breeders meet other breeders, conversations about choosing a puppy from a litter, seeing dogs that are eligible partners for each other for breeding and generally having a good time being around dogs and friends. I often make notes after a dogshow, to remember things that could be useful later on. This weekend was one of the best in a long time. I mostly enjoy time at shows, but this was special.

I travelled more than 1000 kilometres on my own in my car within 24 hours, showed my two dogs Portinbo's Amber The First Lady (Rikke) and Isostar's Fabel Om Eventyrvannet (Frøken, co-owned with her breeder) and they woth did very well in the ring. They both got Excellent and Rikke became 3rd best veteran bitch and Frøken 2nd best junior bitch. No winner-titles, but I still love them. They really gave it their "all" both inside and outside of the ring.

One more show under the belt - already looking forward to the next one :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar